Don Henley (Photo courtesy of www.EaglesBand.com)
The City of Linden is the county seat of Cass County, Texas, north of Jefferson and south of New Boston. It is often called "Music City Texas".
It is located on U.S. Highway 59 and Texas Highway 155.
The Linden Courthouse is a National Registry Historic Building. Linden has strong music roots. It is the home of famous musicians like Rock Star Don Henley, Blues Legend Aaron T-Bone Walker, and others.
Music City Texas Theater, located in Linden, hosts music concerts throughout the year and is a highlight of the area.
The Linden Zip Code is 75563, and its Area Code is 903. Its population is about 2,000 residents.
Area Tourism and Attractions
While visiting the Linden area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Carthage - Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, East Texas Oil & Gas Blast, Piney Woods Quilt Festival Rode Jamboree
- Henderson - Heritage Syrup Festival, Howard Dickinson House Museum, Depot Museum, antique shopping, Historic Downtown Square
- Tyler - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Brookshire's Museum & Country Store, Lake Tyler, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
- Mount Pleasant - Larry Lawrence Antique Car Collection, Lake Bob Sandlin, Greer Farm & Ranch, Sleep Hollow Daffodilas, Whatley Center for the Performing Arts
- Mount Vernon - Fire Station Museum, bankhead Highway Visitors Center, Dupree Park Nature Center, Old Depot Museum, Cultural Arts Center
- Sulphur Springs - Celebration Plaza & Market, North East Texas Syphony, Southwest Dairy Museum & Learning Center
- Texarkana - Four States Auto Museum, Historic Perot Theater, Regional Arts Center, Discovery Place Museum, Millwood Lake
Welcome to Linden and Texas ... the Lone Star State! (staff photo)