Texas Country Music Hall of Fame in Carhtage, Texas
The City of Carthage is located in Panola County, Texas, near the Louisiana border. It is located at the intersection of U.S. Highways 59 and 79.
The city is known as the Gas Capital of the United States, and the home of the famous Texas Country Music Hall of Fame. Panola College is also located here.
Annual events include the East Texas Oil & Gas Blast, the Piney Woods Quilt Festival and the Rodeo Jamboree.
The 15th annual Piney Woods Quilt Festival, hosted by Carthage Main Street, the Panola Squares Quilt Club, and the Busy Quilters Guild of Panola County. The show is open on April 20-21, 2018, from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm on Friday and from 9:00 – 4:00pm on Saturday. The event provides an opportunity for local and area clubs to highlight the growing interest in the skill and artistry of quilting.
The Carthage Zip Code is 75633, and its Area Code is 903. Its population is about 6,900 residents.
Carthage Area Motels and Accommodations
Carthage has several motels, hotels, and other lodging including those listed below.
In addition, there are other accommodations in Tyler including a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Select, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Country Inn & Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, and others.
Area Tourism and Attractions
While visiting the Carthage area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in East Texas:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Joinerville Texas - Daisy Bradford oil discovery monuments and Great East Texas Oilfield markers, Gaston Museum
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Henderson Texas - Heritage Syrup Festival, Howard Dickinson House Museum, Depot Museum, antique shopping, Historic Downtown Square
- Tyler Texas - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Brookshire's Museum & Country Store, Lake Tyler, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
- Lake Tyler - swimming, boating, fishing, skiing close-in to Tyler
- Lake Palestine - Boating, fishing, skiing and camping, just south of Tyler
- Bullard - just south of Tyler, home of wineries and the Freedom Museum
- Toledo Bend Reservoir - boating, fishing, swimming, marinas, hiking, camping, golf, resorts, restaurants