The City of Chandler is located in Henderson County, Texas on State Highway 31 at its intersection with FM 315, on the north shore of Lake Palestine. It is part of the Tyler Metropolitan area.
The city is situated about 11 miles west of downtown Tyler. The Neches River flows just east of the city, and Kickapoo Creek flows southward west of the city.
Brownsboro is 8 miles west on Highway 31, and Brownsboro ISD operates Chandler schools.
|Key Website Resources|
Interactive Map of Chandler Texas (courtesy of Google)
Map Showing Location of Chandler in the Tyler Metro Area
Attractions and Things to Do in Chandler
Winchester Park is located on the southern end of Chandler. Facilities include three baseball fields, a playground, two pavilions, two concession areas, a lake and a walking trail.
McCain Park is located at the western entrance to Chandler on Highway 31. Built in 2005 with proceeds from an award won by Keep Chandler Beautiful, McCain Park is beautifully landscaped and contains:
- Chandler Museum & Visitor Center
- Lighted concrete walking paths and benches
- Flag pole
- Paved parking lot
River Park is located at the eastern entrance to Chandler on Highway 31 at the Neches River. Located on the banks of the Neches River, the park provides:
- Boat ramp for fishermen
- Paved parking
- Nature walk
- Picnic areas
- Parking lot
- Portable toilets
Nearby is Lake Palestine, a 25,000 acre reservoir providing boating, fishing, camping and other outdoor recreational activities.
Numerous annual events are held in Chandler, such as the Annual Pow Wow, Kid Fish Day, Great American Clean-Up Day, Easter Egg Hunt, Holiday in the Park, July 4th Festivities and much more!
Chandler offers a range of business services to its residents, including health care, grocery shopping, banks, fuel stations, pharmacies, library, trash pickup, recycling center, churches, senior citizen activities, and more.
In nearby Tyler residents and visitors can find additional attractions, including the Caldwell Zoo, TJC Planetarium, museums, and several movie theaters and entertainment venues.
Dining in Chandler
Chandler offers a number of restaurants and dining options. Popular places include Los Dos Potrillos, San Pedro's, China Chef, Pops Honey Fried Chicken, WhatABurger, Sonic Drive-in and several other restaurants.
The last six years we have purchased our live crawfish from Wade's Place on East Main Street in Chandler. We've met Wade, and he runs a great seafood restaurant also, serving crawfish, etoufee, shrimp, fish, gumbo, hand-cut rib-eye steaks, burgers, salads and much more. They are located at the railroad tracks just a block south of Highway 31. We've dined there are recently as 2019, and it is highly recommended for great food, friendly service and a comfortable atmosphere.
Included with the live crawfish at Wade's were boiled potatoes and corn on the cob. Phone 903.849.2729. Also, be sure to check out Wade's Place on Facebook
Tyler offers a large variety of restaurants, both locally owned and chain establishments: Chuy's, Stanley's Famous BBQ, Abuelo's, Saltgrass Steak House, Outback Steakhouse, Applebee's and dozens more restaurants.
Scenes Around Chandler
Chandler ... City with a Heart
Chandler Water Tower and American Flags
Winchester Park in Chandler
Gazebo in McCain Park in Chandler
Lodging Options in the Chandler Area
East Texas Attractions
While visiting the Chandler area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Joinerville Texas - Daisy Bradford oil discovery monuments and Great East Texas Oilfield markers, Gaston Museum
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Carthage - Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, East Texas Oil & Gas Blast, Piney Woods Quilt Festival Rode Jamboree
- Henderson - Heritage Syrup Festival, Howard Dickinson House Museum, Depot Museum, antique shopping, Historic Downtown Square
- Canton - First Monday Trade Days, Texas Horse Park, Splash Kingdom Water Park
- Athens - East Texas Arboretum, Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, Cain Center and the Athens Scuba Park
- Gun Barrel City - Fishing, boating and outdoor activities around Cedar Creek Lake
- Palestine - Texas State Railroad, Davey Dogwood Park, Dogwood Trails Festival, Anderson County Courthouse
- Nacogdoches - Spring azalea trails, Ruby Mize Azalea Garden, Mast Arboretum
- Rusk - Texas State Railroad, Cherokee Civic Theatre, Grapeland Drive Thru Safari
- Lufkin - Ellen Trout Zoo, Cotton Square Heritage Park, First Street Arts Center, Texas Forestry Museum
- Jacksonville - Tomato Fest, ATV Mud Nationals, Tops in Texas Rodeo
- Love's Lookout - beautiful 30-mile vista to the East
- Tyler - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Lake Tyler, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
- Lake Tyler - swimming, boating, fishing, skiing close-in to Tyler
- Lake Palestine - Boating, fishing, skiing and camping, just south of Tyler
- Bullard - just south of Tyler, home of wineries and the Freedom Museum
- Edom Texas - Art galleries, Festival of the Arts, Artisans Trail, Blue Moon Gardens
- Lindale - Old Mill Pond Museum, Hideaway Lake, Miranda Lambert Store & Red 55 Winery
- Mineola - Mineola Nature Preserve, Bigfoot Paddling Trail
- Lake Fork - At 27,264 acres and 315 miles of shoreline, Lake Fork was designed to be a premier bass fishing lake and currently holds records for 34 out of the Top 50 largemouth bass caught in Texas.
- Mount Pleasant - Larry Lawrence Antique Car Collection, Lake Bob Sandlin, Greer Farm & Ranch, Sleep Hollow Daffodils, Whatley Center for the Performing Arts
- Mount Vernon - Fire Station Museum, Bankhead Highway Visitors Center, Dupree Park Nature Center, Old Depot Museum, Cultural Arts Center
- Sulphur Springs - Celebration Plaza & Market, North East Texas Symphony, Southwest Dairy Museum & Learning Center
- Texarkana - Four States Auto Museum, Historic Perot Theater, Regional Arts Center, Discovery Place Museum, Millwood Lake
- Toledo Bend Reservoir - boating, fishing, swimming, marinas, hiking, camping, golf, resorts, restaurants