Welcome to Lindale, Texas ... Hometown of Miranda Lambert
Located northeast of Tyler in Smith County on U.S. Highway 69 is the City of Lindale. Lindale uses Exit 556 from Interstate 20, while Texas Highway 16 runs through downtown in an east-west alignment. To the north of Lindale is the City of Mineola.
Lindale is also located on Texas Toll Loop 49.
Lindale had an estimated population of about 6,000 residents in 2020. It is assigned Zip Code 75771, and uses Area Code 903.
Lindale was designated as a "Music Friendly Community" in 2018 by the Texas Music Office.
One of Lindale's most well-known natives is Grammy-award winning country music singer-songwriter Miranda Lambert.
Throughout the year, Lindale residents enjoy a wide variety of fun events and recreational opportunities, ranging from a championship rodeo to community parades, golf tourneys, community banquets/galas and live theatre productions. Always popular is the Piney Woods Wine Festival in the spring. In addition, the community has numerous organized sports teams for youth and adults.
The Cannery in Lindale
The Cannery in Lindale
Built on the location of a working cannery from days past, The Cannery blends the old with the new, establishing Lindale, as a premier destination for entertainment, shopping and dining in East Texas.
Big-name bands, award-winning singer-songwriters, and local favorites all have a home at the Cannery. Its six unique venues each bring something different to the table.
The Cannery's state-of-the-art stages have hosted legendary the Texan musicians of today and tomorrow. It is also available for weddings, corporate events, culinary festivals, and more.
It features restaurants, retail outlets and residential living options, and lots of Texas music. Whiskey Ray's Boutique offers clothing, gifts, home decor and much more.
Also located on the premises is the North Campus of Tyler Junior College (TJC). One and two bedroom lofts are also available at The Cannery.
Welcome to The Cannery in Lindale
It is located at 55 Miranda Lambert Way, Lindale, Texas 75771.
Phone 903.952.1161 for more information, or visit www.TheCanneryLindale.com on the web.
Also open now is the Springhill Suites by Marriott at The Cannery
|The Pink Pistol
Located in Downtown Lindale at Blackberry Square, Picker’s Pavilion has been transformed from its former use as a cannery storage facility to a popular venue for big-name concerts, community festivals, and event space rentals. The open-air covered pavilion features restrooms, plenty of parking, and space for food and drink options.
For more information visit Picker's Pavilion on the web.
|Exterior view of Picker's Pavilion
||Picker's Pavilion interior in Lindale
The Old Mill Pond Museum
Old Mill Pond Museum and Parrott Park consists of fourteen buildings and pavilions on a beautiful 20+ acre site. Visitors will see displays of historical artifacts that depict early American life from 1850 to 1950.
For more information, visit the website of the Old Mill Pond.
Other Things to Do In & Around Lindale
Nearby Hideaway Lake is a popular residential area and golfing community. Just to the west of Lindale is the Texas Rose Horse Park, the venue for many well-known equestrian events and competitions through the year.
Faulkner Park is located 4 miles north of Lindale at 21206 U.S. 69. The facilities at this 170-acre park facilities include soccer and baseball fields, lighted tennis courts, volleyball and basketball courts, a pavilion, concession stand and a paved walking path around a scenic 15-acre lake.
Darden Harvest Park can be found downtown at Blackberry Square. Pool Park is a recreational park complete with a playground, picnic tables, soccer practice fields, restroom facilities, a covered pavilion, and ample parking. Located next door to Kinzie Community Center, Pool Park includes four baseball fields that serve as the home of Lindale Summer Baseball & Softball Association during the spring months.
Nearby Tyler State Park features a cool, 64-acre spring-fed lake, 100-foot tall trees, and historic structures. Play at the lake, wet a hook, wander through the woods, or relax with your binoculars. You will love this peaceful get-away in Northeast Texas!
The world-famous First Monday Trade Days are located in Canton, a quick 30-mile drive to the west of Lindale.
The Mineola Nature Preserve
Sign at the Mineola Nature Preserve near Lindale
The Mineola Nature Preserve lies just north of Lindale and consists of 2,911 acres on Loop 564 along the Sabine River, and has facilities including wetlands, numerous hiking and equestrian trails, bee hives, extraordinary bird-watching, and more for the outdoor enthusiast.
More than a dozen man-made ponds are located on the property as well as walking trails and pavilions.
The preserve is open daily, from 7 a.m. to sunset. It is home to 193 species of birds, wildlife, buffalo and longhorn cattle. Pullen Pond at the preserve includes water habitats and outdoor classrooms that can be used as teaching opportunities: small ponds, waterfalls and dams, a running stream, wetlands, and deep water and shallow water concepts.
Texas Fisheries will stock the pond with catfish and East Texas Woods and Waters funded the construction of a fishing pier near the pond.
|Mineola Nature Preserve
Traveler reviews and photos at TripAdvisor
The Mineola Bigfoot Paddling Trail on the Sabine River is an 11 mile trail developed by the City of Mineola and Texas Parks & Wildlife, along with the Mineola Nature Preserve. The boat ramp is located on US 69 1.5 miles south of Mineola.
The site is located on the west side of the road and the north side of the Sabine River. The trail officially opened in October of 2014 during the preserve’s Nature Fest. Details at Texas Parks & Wildlife and the Preserve website
Hotels and Motels in Lindale Texas
Motels and Accommodations near Lindale in Tyler
Accommodations in nearby Tyler include a Hampton Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, and others.
Texas Toll 49 in Lindale
With the growth of the entire Tyler metropolitan area, Lindale has experienced both significant commercial and residential development.The Texas Toll 49 highway currently connects Tyler to Interstate Highway I-20, just west of Lindale. Toll 49 also extends north of I-20 about 6.7 miles to an intersection with U.S. 69 north of Lindale via the "Lindale Relief Route".
Important Lindale Texas Links
City of Lindale - City services, contact information, calendar and more
Map of Lindale Texas (Courtesy of Google Maps)
Other East Texas Area Attractions
While visiting Lindale and the Tyler area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Joinerville Texas - Daisy Bradford oil discovery monuments and Great East Texas Oilfield markers, Gaston Museum
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Carthage - Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, East Texas Oil & Gas Blast, Piney Woods Quilt Festival
- Henderson - Heritage Syrup Festival, Howard Dickinson House Museum, Depot Museum, antique shopping, Historic Downtown Square
- Canton - First Monday Trade Days, Texas Horse Park, Splash Kingdom Water Park
- Athens - East Texas Arboretum, Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, Cain Center and the Athens Scuba Park
- Tyler - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Lake Tyler, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
- Lake Tyler - swimming, boating, fishing, skiing close-in to Tyler
- Lake Palestine - Boating, fishing, skiing and camping, just south of Tyler
- Bullard - just south of Tyler, home of Kiepersol Winery and the Freedom Museum
- Edom Texas - Art galleries, Festival of the Arts, Artisans Trail, Blue Moon Gardens
- Mineola - Mineola Nature Preserve, Bigfoot Paddling Trail
- Lake Fork - At 27,264 acres and 315 miles of shoreline, Lake Fork was designed to be a premier bass fishing lake and currently holds records for 34 out of the Top 50 largemouth bass caught in Texas.