Located northeast of Tyler in Smith County on U.S. Highway 69 is the City of Lindale. Lindale uses Exit 556 from Interstate 20, while Texas Highway 16 runs through downtown in an east-west alignment. To the north of Lindale is the City of Mineola.
Lindale had an estimated population of about 6,000 residents in 2016. It is assigned Zip Code 75771, and uses Area Code 903.
Lindale was designated as a "Music Friendly Community" in 2018 by the Texas Music Office.
Things to Do in Lindale Texas
Throughout the year, Lindale residents enjoy a wide variety of fun events and recreational opportunities, ranging from a championship rodeo to community parades, golf tourneys, community banquets/galas and live theatre productions. In addition, the community has numerous organized sports teams for youth and adults.
The Old Mill Pond Museum in Lindale is open to the public on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is located at 2900 S. Main Street (Hwy 69). Faulkner Park is located at 21206 U.S. 69.
Nearby Hideaway Lake is a popular residential area and golfing community. Just to the west of Lindale is the Texas Rose Horse Park, the venue for many well-known equestrian events and competitions through the year.
The world-famous First Monday Trade Days are located in Canton, a quick 30-mile drive to the west of Lindale.
The Mineola Nature Preserve, north of Lindale, was dedicated in March of 2011, and built at a cost of $1 million. This beautiful location consists of 2,911 acres on Loop 564 along the Sabine River, and has facilities including wetlands, numerous hiking and equestrian trails, bee hives, extraordinary bird-watching, and more for the outdoor enthusiast.
The Mineola Bigfoot Paddling Trail on the Sabine River is an 11 mile trail developed by the City of Mineola and Texas Parks & Wildlife, along with the Mineola Nature Preserve.One of Lindale's most well-known natives is Grammy-award winning country music singer-songwriter Miranda Lambert.
The Cannery in Lindale Texas
The Cannery in Lindale, Texas
Built on the location of a working cannery from days past, The Cannery blends the old with the new, establishing Lindale, as a premier destination for entertainment, shopping and dining in East Texas. It features restaurants, retail outlets and residential living options, and lots of Texas music. Whiskey Ray's Boutique offers clothing, gifts, home decor and much more. Also located on the premises is the North Campus of Tyler Junior College (TJC). One and two bedroom lofts are also available at The Cannery.
The Cannery is also the home the Pink Pistol, owned by Miranda Lambert, which features a wine bar, gift shop and women's clothing store. And be sure to check out the Red 55 Winery.
It is located at 55 Miranda Lambert Way, Lindale, Texas 75771.
Phone 903.952.1161 for more information, or visit www.TheCanneryLindale.com on the web.
Hotels and Motels in Lindale Texas
Motels and Accommodations near Lindale in Tyler
Accommodations in nearby Tyler include a Hampton Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, and others.
Texas Toll 49 in Lindale
With the growth of the entire Tyler metropolitan area, Lindale has experienced both significant commericial and residential development.
Important Lindale Texas Links
City of Lindale - City services, contact information, calendar and more
Map of Lindale Texas (Courtesy of Google Maps)
Other East Texas Area Attractions
While visiting Lindale and the Tyler area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Joinerville Texas - Daisy Bradford oil discovery monuments and Great East Texas Oilfield markers, Gaston Museum
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Henderson - Heritage Syrup Festival, Howard Dickinson House Museum, Depot Museum, antique shopping, Historic Downtown Square
- Canton - First Monday Trade Days, Texas Horse Park, Splash Kingdom Water Park
- Athens - East Texas Arboretum, Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, Cain Center and the Athens Scuba Park
- Tyler - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Brookshire's Museum & Country Store, Lake Tyler, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
- Lake Tyler - swimming, boating, fishing, skiing close-in to Tyler
- Lake Palestine - Boating, fishing, skiing and camping, just south of Tyler
- Bullard - just south of Tyler, home of Kiepersol Winery and the Freedom Museum
- Edom Texas - Art galleries, Festival of the Arts, Artisans Trail, Blue Moon Gardens
- Mineola - Mineola Nature Preserve, Bigfoot Paddling Trail
- Lake Fork - At 27,264 acres and 315 miles of shoreline, Lake Fork was designed to be a premier bass fishing lake and currently holds records for 34 out of the Top 50 largemouth bass caught in Texas.