Quiet moment at the lake at Daingerfield State Park near Pittsburg, Texas
It is best known as the home of the giant poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride, and the home of racing legend Carroll Shelby. Pittsburg is also the birthplace of Cavenders Boot City.
Whatley Center for the Performing Arts is located at Northeast Texas Community College and includes both a beautiful theatre and an art gallery. The Whatley Center presents a professional performing arts series, college theatre productions and changing art shows during the season September through May.
The local newspaper is the Pittsburg Gazette.
The Pittsburg Zip Code is 75686, and its Area Code is 903. Its population is about 4,400 residents as of the Federal Census of 2020.
Daingerfield State Park has the Rustling Leaves Nature Trail, camping, fishing, hiking and more, all nestled in colorful groups of maples, gums and oaks.One of the many attractions in this area is the Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards, lovely any time of the year, spectacular in the fall.
Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards in the fall
Area Tourism and Attractions
|Lake Bob Sandlin State Park
Traveler reviews and photos at TripAdvisor
While visiting the area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jacksonville - to the south of Tyler on U.S. 69
- Love's Lookout - beautiful 30-mile vista to the East
- Athens - Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center
- Canton - home of First Monday Trade Days
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Longview - historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Marshall Pottery, Railroad Museum, more
- Toledo Bend Reservoir - boating, fishing, swimming, marinas, hiking, camping, golf, resorts, restaurants