Quiet moment at the lake at Daingerfield State Park near Pittsburg, Texas
It is best known as the home of the giant poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride, and the home of racing legend Carroll Shelby. Pittsburg is also the birthplace of Cavenders Boot City.
The local newspaper is the Pittsburg Gazette.
The Pittsburg Zip Code is 75686, and its Area Code is 903. Its population is about 4,400 residents as of the Federal Census of 2020.
Daingerfield State Park has the Rustling Leaves Nature Trail, camping, fishing, hiking and more, all nestled in colorful groups of maples, gums and oaks.One of the many attractions in this area is the Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards, lovely any time of the year, spectacular in the fall.
Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards in the fall
Lake Bob Sandlin
Lake Bob Sandlin is located on Big Cypress Creek northwest of Pittsburg in Titus, Camp, and Franklin counties. It has a surface area of 9,004 acres, and a maximum depth of 65.6 feet. It was impounded in 1977.
|Lake Bob Sandlin State Park
Traveler reviews and photos at TripAdvisor
Read more about Lake Bob Sandlin
Area Tourism and Attractions
While visiting the area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jacksonville - to the south of Tyler on U.S. 69
- Love's Lookout - beautiful 30-mile vista to the East
- Athens - Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center
- Canton - home of First Monday Trade Days
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Longview - historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Railroad Museum, Christmas lights, more
- Toledo Bend Reservoir - boating, fishing, swimming, marinas, hiking, camping, golf, resorts, restaurants