The City of Daingerfield is located in Upper East Texas and is the county seat of Morris County.
US Highway 259 runs north-south through the city, while Highway 11 takes an east-west route through the city.
Daingerfield Website Resources
|In 2018, Daingerfield had a population of 2,380 residents|
Interactive Map of Daingerfield (courtesy of Google)
Map Showing Location of Daingerfield in Upper East Texas
Scenes Around Daingerfield
Morris County Courthouse at 500 Broadnax Street in Daingerfield
Morris Theatre in Daingerfield
Daingerfield State Park
Daingerfield State Park, in Morris County just southeast of Daingerfield, is a 506 acre recreational area, and includes the 80 acre Lake Daingerfield.
The Greer Farm
Located near Daingerfield, Texas, the Greer Farm consists of lush pastures and towering pine and hardwood trees nestled in the slow moving world of Northeast Texas. Here, the farm raises vegetables and herbs, hay, fruit and berries, flowers, pine timber and fullblood red and white Maine-Anjou beef cattle, Dorper sheep, heritage pigs, sheep and chickens. Our natural meats of beef, chicken, lamb and pork is delicious and healthy. Private cooking classes or private dining available.
The farm provides cabin rental, cooking classes, berry picking a fruit orchard, beef & park sales, and much more!
The farm is located at 1444 CR 1125,
Lake O' The Pines
Lake O' the Pines is located on Big Cypress Creek in the Cypress River Basin, 25 miles northeast of Longview in Marion, Morris, Upshur, and Camp counties. It has a surface area of 16,919 acres, and a maximum depth of 49.5 feet. The lake was impounded in 1956.
This lake's diverse fish community offers many angling opportunities. White bass are native to the Cypress River Basin; the population is abundant and contains many legal-size fishes. Crappie, also popular with anglers, are quite abundant with large proportions of legal-size fish available.
Shown to below is the entrance area to Brushy Creek Park at Lake O' the Pines in East Texas.
Wright Patman Lake
Wright Patman lake is on the Sulphur River in Bowie and Cass counties, 10 miles southwest of Texarkana. Its surface area covers 18,994 acres, and features a maximum depth of 40 feet. It was impounded in 1956.
White bass are very popular at Wright Patman, with high numbers of quality-size fish available for harvest. Crappie are also popular at Wright Patman, with large numbers of legal-size fish available. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers maintains nine parks around Wright Patman Lake. These parks provide lake access for boating, swimming, and fishing; as well as camping, picnicking, hiking, equestrian trails, and other outdoor activities. Atlanta State Park is also located on the south shore of the lake.
Other East Texas Attractions
While visiting the Daingerfield area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Joinerville Texas - Daisy Bradford oil discovery monuments and Great East Texas Oilfield markers, Gaston Museum
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Carthage - Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, East Texas Oil & Gas Blast, Piney Woods Quilt Festival Rode Jamboree
- Tyler - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Lake Tyler, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
- Lake Tyler - swimming, boating, fishing, skiing close-in to Tyler
- Lake Palestine - Boating, fishing, skiing and camping, just south of Tyler
- Lindale - Old Mill Pond Museum, Hideaway Lake, Miranda Lambert Store & Red 55 Winery
- Mineola - Mineola Nature Preserve, Bigfoot Paddling Trail
- Lake Fork - At 27,264 acres and 315 miles of shoreline, Lake Fork was designed to be a premier bass fishing lake and currently holds records for 34 out of the Top 50 largemouth bass caught in Texas.
Travel Information for the Daingerfield Area