The City of Winona is located at the intersection of Farm Road 16 and State Highway 155, about 14 miles northeast of Tyler in Smith County in Upper East Texas.
It is a Type A General Law Municipality, as defined by the Local Government Code of the State of Texas. It is based on an Aldermanic form of government, electing five Aldermen and a Mayor to serve terms of two years.
The Winona City Hall is located at 110 Dallas Street. Phone 903.877.3381. The WInona Community Center is located at 520 Dallas Street.
Winona Website Resources
|In 2018, Winona had a population of 605 residents|
Interactive Map of Winona (courtesy of Google)
Map Showing Location of Winona in Upper East Texas
Scenes Around Winona
The Winona Area Chamber of Commerce ... Welcome to Our Community
Winona Elementary School
Another beautiful, sunny day in Winona ... Home of the Wildcats!
Other East Texas Attractions
While visiting the Winona area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Joinerville Texas - Daisy Bradford oil discovery monuments and Great East Texas Oilfield markers, Gaston Museum
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Carthage - Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, East Texas Oil & Gas Blast, Piney Woods Quilt Festival Rode Jamboree
- Tyler - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Lake Tyler, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
- Lake Tyler - swimming, boating, fishing, skiing close-in to Tyler
- Lake Palestine - Boating, fishing, skiing and camping, just south of Tyler
- Lindale - Old Mill Pond Museum, Hideaway Lake, Miranda Lambert Store & Red 55 Winery
- Mineola - Mineola Nature Preserve, Bigfoot Paddling Trail
- Lake Fork - At 27,264 acres and 315 miles of shoreline, Lake Fork was designed to be a premier bass fishing lake and currently holds records for 34 out of the Top 50 largemouth bass caught in Texas.
Travel Information for the Winona Area